College of Education
Teachers of English Language Learners
This licensure pathway focuses on the knowledge, skills, and dispositions necessary for supporting English learners and their families in educational contexts. Students learn how to assess and design programs for English learners in courses and extensive field experiences. The program is available to students majoring in Elementary Education or Middle/Secondary Education.
This license may be added to any College Education license pathway regardless of the field of study. Sample courses in this program include:
- ED398, Methods for Teaching Multilingual Learners
- ED408, Foundations of Effective Reading Instruction
- ED465, Second Language Acquisition and Assessment
- ED490, Special Education Assessment
- ED498, Methods for Teaching Multilingual Learners
Please visit the Butler University Bulletin for more course information.